Nothing like good old chicken curry to bring warmth to your soul and add flavour to your table on a winter afternoon. Sharing the recipe of my very talented friend Heema Roy Choudhury. Though she sounds humble, she’s a great cook and a painter too. You can check out her paintings at Hearts Work on Facebook. And try this yummy chicken curry with coconut milk for Sunday lunch.
I’m not a foodie and I always want to spend very less time in kitchen but cook delicious meals at the same time using many tips to cook fast. I eat to live but my family lives to eat, let’s put it that way. Even though I can eat almost anything (avoiding few without complaints but if I’m a judge at a cooking contest it will be really difficult to pass my taste bud with a good score.
I love using coconut milk in my recipes and would love to share my favourite Chicken Malaikari.
1. Chicken: 1 kg
2. Onions:2 medium cut into small slices
3. Garlic and ginger paste: 2 tsp each
4. Green chilly paste: 2 nos, can be more or less according to tolerance level. You can also add 1tsp Kashmiri chilli powder for colour.
5. Garam masala (Green cardamom pods -2/3 crushed, cinnamon powder-1 tsp, cloves-2/3 nos, bay leaves -2)
6. Turmeric powder: 2tsp
7. Lemon juice:2 tsp
8. Mixture of mustard oil and refined oil: 4tbs
9. Coconut milk: 1 can (2 cups)
12.Salt according to taste
1.Add turmeric, cumin, coriander, lemon juice, garlic & ginger paste and salt into chicken pieces and mix them well.
2.Now heat oil in a pan. Add garam masala in it and let the aroma come out of it.
3.Next add onions and sugar and fry in low flame for few minutes.
4. Add the chicken. Mix well . Cook for 10- 15 minutes. Then you can cover the pan with a lid and stir occasionally. Cook till checked pieces get softened.
5.After that open the lid and pour the coconut milk and mix well. If required water can be added. Salt is added to taste.
You can serve it with rice, roti, chapati or paratha.